How to install Genp under Windows XP
The following steps outline how to install Genp under Windows XP.
This tutorial assumes that you have successfully downloaded Genp from our website to your computer.
1. We recommend that you download the program to a directory or folder named GENPtemp. This has the advantage of not mixing up the download with any of Genp's files and your own family history data.
2. Click Start on the task bar.
3. Select Run.
Use the Browse button to locate the downloaded program within the GENPtemp folder. You must choose 'Files of type' = 'All Files'.
4. Click the OK button
5. You will see a dialog generated by Windows to assist in unzipping the file.
The user of this machine is "bob'. (On your machine it will be a different user name.)
6. Important - select item "Extract all files" from tab "Folder Tasks".
7. You will see a dialog named "Extraction Wizard".
8. Click the Next button to continue the extraction process.
9. In the 'Extraction Wizard' step named "Select a Destination".
The destination should be preselected by the Wizard to beneath where the ZIP file lies. This destination is to a folder which will shortly be automatically created.
Click the Next button.
10 In the 'Extraction Wizard' step named "Extraction Complete".
Deselect "Show extracted files".
Click the Finish button.
Now you have extracted the installer from the ZIP files in the new folder. The installer is an EXE file.
11. Close the previous dialog.
12. Select Run.
Use the Browse button to locate the installer.
Click the Open button.
13. Click the OK button on the Run dialog.
You will see the Installer dialog.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
(2007 Apr 13)
Copyright © 1986 - 2011 GENP. All rights reserved.